Monday, March 31, 2008

Things That Are Different Here - Part 1

I think that it will be fun to remember all the things that are different here (both good and bad), so I figured that I will write a running series of blogs about this. I will insert pictures soon . . .


+ Everything is really expensive - LOL - Dada has been laughing at me and now is to the point of annoyed that I notice the price differences. I find it difficult to not notice the difference at the grocery store, Target (Yes, we have Target!), Kmart, etc.

+ There is a definite lack of "sit down" restaurants (especially chains) and they are not easy to find. However, McDonald's, Burger King (called Hungry Jacks), and Subways are easy to find. Though the quantities are very small here without the "super size" option!

+ All the electric wall plugs have an on/off switch and Loco loves to play with them! So, you can be in the middle of vacuuming and suddenly you have no power b/c the kid is 10 feet away laughing when he flipped the switch off at the wall - argh!

More later . . . Loo is calling for help getting ready for school!

1 comment:

stewbie2 said...

Cripes. I'm still in disbelief over the price of Diet Coke.